Saturday, July 18, 2009

Friday, July 17, 2009 – Day # 9 of recovery


I didn’t go to bed last night until 12midnight. My tendency toward being a night owl is resurfacing again. I guess that means I’m getting back to my old self! I woke up at about 1:45am and took two teaspoons of Hycet. I did not sleep great; kept waking up, but was able to go back to sleep fairly quickly. When I got up next at 6am, I was hurting more, so I took 2 ½ teaspoons. I consoled myself with the reminder that nights are still the worst, and that I am still doing way better than before. One time after that, I woke up feeling like I was choking a little, but after I cleared my throat, I was okay. Just drainage getting caught in my throat I guess. I still haven’t had any bleeding at all, for which I am extremely grateful. I took two tablets of ibuprofen at 8am, and slept until 10am, when I got up for the day. I am really trying to get back to a normal sleep pattern in preparation for Monday when I go back to work. I took two teaspoons of Hycet at 10am. I have noticed that, besides the times that I am hurting more at night, or am overdue to take my medicine, I am not having the “normal” throat and ear pain that I have been enduring this whole time, but rather it is more that my throat muscles feel sore and tight and not used to the movements I want them to make. I’ve started yawning more the last few days, and that is painful. My throat muscles do not want to stretch like that. I know that it will just take time, and will probably not go away totally for several more weeks. I can live with it. My mom commented this morning that I am talking better. It’s true. Even during my worst pain now, I can still talk. During my worst pain before, I could not even think about talking. My mom would have to wait forever for me to be able to talk to her in the mornings, but now I don’t have a problem talking right away.


I had cereal for breakfast, and cheese and crackers again for lunch today. I took two more ibuprofen at about 12:30pm, but held off on the Hycet until 3:45pm. That’s almost 6 hours! And I only took 1 ½ teaspoons this time. I actually ate a ton for dinner – Pizza! I have been craving pizza the whole time was in excruciating pain and could not swallow anything. I had 2 pieces of pizza, strawberry shortcake dessert, and then later a piece of carrot cake. Yum! I did not take another two teaspoons of Hycet until 9pm. I am hoping that I will sleep better tonight… and maybe only get up once for medicine? We’ll see. I don’t want to rush things, but I am really feeling great and am doing sooo much better. It is like night and day. I just took two ibuprofen tablets at 11:30pm. The pictures for today show that my throat is looking good. Still have some patches of white, but hopefully it will be gone for good soon:


1 comment: