Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sunday, July 12, 2009 – Day # 4 of recovery

Well, I ended up not going to bed last night until 11pm. After I took my 9:10pm dose of Hycet, I made myself eat and drink as much as I could, because I knew I was getting weak from lack of food. I have found that having ice packs wrapped around my neck help with the swelling and pain. When I got up for my 1:10am dose, I did not drink any water before I took my med, which made the medicine burn pretty bad going down. It took quite a while until I was able to start drinking the ice water. Thankfully, my mom did not come in my room until I had drunk almost the whole cup, and was finally feeling better. She’s caught on the fact that I am putting on a brave face for her and hiding most of my worst pain from her. I don’t want her to have to suffer needlessly with me, so I have been suffering in silence. At my 5:10am dose, I was knocked breathless by the ear pain. I wondered how I could be in so much pain and still be upright. How bad does the pain have to be until it is finally too much for the body and one passes out on the floor? I am learning about whole new worlds of pain that I didn’t even dream existed until today. I am clinging feverishly to the hope that what doesn’t kill you really will make you stronger. I should be quite strong after this.


My mom put oil in my ears this morning after my 9:10am dose of Hycet. I think it helped, and I went straight back to sleep. I did not get up until after 12noon today. I know I am probably sleeping too much, and letting my throat get too dry and swollen, but I just can’t help it. I have to sleep, or I’m not sure I’d be able to make it through this. For breakfast, I had a Vanilla Slim-Fast drink, one runny egg, and an orange Ice pop. The pictures for today show the scabbing a little more clearly:



No comments:

Post a Comment